[CQ-Contest] CQ WPX rules, it finally happened

Scott Monks scottmonks at hotmail.com
Mon Feb 3 19:07:00 EST 2014

I think I just found a new business--selling automatic Iders to contesters!  Remember the ones we constructed to connect to 2m rigs back when repeaters were still not that common?  The
 CW version would send the ID out at, Oh, 50-60wpm so not to take up
time.  The voice one, for the purists or if they pass a rule saying you
have to ID in voice for the SSB contests could also be speeded up.  They
 would be better than the DVRs now in use because they could track the
number of times the rig was keyed and ID according to the particular
contest. The ardunio homebrew version could be
published in NCJ and/or CQ.  It would have the side benefit of use for
holding the freq just as the big guns do now with DVR (which nobody has
argued is unethical though we all know it is done!).If you think this is just a "rant", wait until they start to come out in response to this rule73,Scott. AA0AASent from Scott's iPad> On Feb 3, 2014, at 2:08 PM, "Igor Sokolov" <ua9cdc at gmail.com> wrote:> > Or... you may choose assisted cathegory in WPX :)> > 73, Igor UA9CDC> > ----- Original Message ----- From: "Dale Putnam" <daleputnam at hotmail.com>> To: <cq-contest at contesting.com>> Sent: Tuesday, February 04, 2014 12:12 AM> Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] CQ WPX rules, it finally happened> > >>
 OR.. as a little pistol, and knowing full well that my point to him is
as valuable as it willbe.. I may elect to let him find me, later, when
he climbs down off his high horse and actually starts working people
instead of working calls. And when it gets to cq dupe.. maybe he can
find me.. and maybe not.. in either case,the Qs I make, not waiting for
him are worth a whole lot more than the time spent waiting.And some of
the others feel that they can always.. not matter what.. find all the
mults they need,that maybe true.. but I won't be able to find all the Qs
 that I can make sitting around waiting for someoneto take all that
precious time to id...>> >> Have a great day,>> >> >> --...   ...-->> Dale - WC7S in Wy>> >> >> >>> >>> This is reasonable to me. As a really little pistol most of the time, I'm>>> not going to get through on the first call if the guy has that big of a>>> pileup. If I'm going to spend a few minutes calling him to get a QSO, I may>>> as well wait for him to ID and then start calling if he's not a dupe.>> info/cq-contest>> >> _______________________________________________>> CQ-Contest mailing list>> CQ-Contest at contesting.com>> http://lists.contesting.com/mailman/listinfo/cq-contest> > _______________________________________________> CQ-Contest mailing list> CQ-Contest at contesting.com> http://lists.contesting.com/mailman/listinfo/cq-contest