[CQ-Contest] Phonetics for long call signs

jpescatore at aol.com jpescatore at aol.com
Tue Feb 4 06:06:22 EST 2014

Dave - as someone who operated with a looong callsign for many years (WB2EKK), just use phonetics for your suffix and not your prefix.

That won't change anything when someone has an SO2R auto CQ going on a frequency they are not actively listening to, but it will reduce the time it takes to get your call through and leave it to the receiving op to ask "Was that Whiskey *Nancy* 4?"

> What phonetics would be the most effective and efficient for my unusualcall sign?Dave, WN4AFP

73 John K3TN