[CQ-Contest] Sometimes, even sending your call every time doesn't help..

Jukka Klemola jpklemola at gmail.com
Mon Feb 10 15:58:14 EST 2014

Recording a contest and then reviewng through the bizarre moments of
 -successful noisy QSOs
 -busting clear signal copying
 -missing the other station sending my callsign
    .. i.e. not correcting my call to the other station when
       I should have been more considerate ..

All the above provide a wonderful learning opportunity.
Promise statement: if you take the trouble to start analyzing your own
performance, you'll notice there is more.

There are many free softwares and even the lowest cost laptop provides
sufficient audio recording capability for ham radio contesting audios. I
use www.freeaudiorecorder.net.
Easy one button rec / stop functionality. Easy playbacck on Windows tools.

Maybe worth adding: after some experiences, I have separate computers for
logging and recording.

Keep on improving !

73,
Jukka OH6LI