[CQ-Contest] Ice Storm Pax in Middle Ga

Rick Dougherty rick at nq4i.com
Wed Feb 12 06:31:17 EST 2014

Hi All...been up since 0400 local..at 4 am the temp was 37 deg F..it has
fallen a degree per hoer and is now 33.2 deg F...I checked and already I
can see 1/4 in of radial ice on some lower antennas..wind is blowing 15mph
and gusting to 25 mph..it is expected to rain and freeze for the next 48-60
hours..the local tv stations are calling it the worst ice storm in
history...I am trying to remain optimistic, but the forecasts are not
helping much....I will make another report later this morning when
visibility is better...73 de Rick NQ4I