[CQ-Contest] This IS cheating, right?

Ron Notarius W3WN wn3vaw at verizon.net
Sat Feb 22 21:26:53 EST 2014

Have you ever worked him before?

Is it possible he remembers your call from a previous contest, and
mistakenly thought you went by Eric not Rick?

I have had that happen, where someone calls me by my full given name, even
though that's not what I use.

( I've also seen this happen (in non radio situations) with my daughter...
her name is Jessie, but there are many people who INSIST her name must be
Jessica... yes, Jessie is derived from Jessica, but my daughter's name is
Jessie, and it says so on her birth certificate. )

Now... if neither of these possibilities is true, then we have eliminated
the benefit of the doubt, and IMHO, if not strictly "cheating" by the
contest rules, it's certainly less than fully ethical.

73, ron w3wn