[CQ-Contest] It wasn't a QSO... Or was it?

john at kk9a.com john at kk9a.com
Sun Feb 23 21:31:10 EST 2014

Who is giving this advice?  I personally dislike someone withholding the
exchange. With the exception of RTTY, if I hear someone giving their
callsign before the exchange I assume that I have it incorrect.  After
copying everything I acknowledge the correct call and move on to the next
caller.  When no report is sent I have to acknowledge the call and then ask
for the report again and wait for the response.  Sometimes I already had the
call correct and the station thinks I do not, now it becomes really awkward.
It is a big time waster.

John KK9A