[CQ-Contest] Fwd: Radio Laws of Propagation

PCA kt3y at aol.com
Thu Feb 27 17:42:43 EST 2014

I was on from KP2M for about three hours in the CQ
160 SSB contest.  I am aware of the rumors surrounding
KP4KE, and his actual power levels, so during the contest
I mentioned his strong signal and asked about his "setup"

He claimed to be using 100 w into a 2L vertical on 160.
When calling CQ, I can only imagine that the array was
aimed stateside or to Europe. Either it has no pattern or
it was pointed straight at St. Croix.

Much later, I worked NP4A who was about the same
strength as KP4KE, operated by, I believe, DK8ZB.

I am now back in VA. enjoying the cold wx.....

73,

Philip KT3Y