[CQ-Contest] NAQP (A) class

Pete Smith N4ZR n4zr at contesting.com
Sun Jan 12 16:18:13 EST 2014

I agree with your advocacy of an assisted class, Bill, but it's not just
Skimmers.  Any spottingproduces the same phenomenon.  I suspect that
many people get on during NAQP and use spots, not because they are
cheating but because they use the occasion to finish multi-band WAS
awards.  In the past, I have run power in NAQP and submitted Checklogs,
simply lookingfor "rate fun."

Also, making spots per se is not illegal - you could turn on the "Spot
all S&P QSOs" function in N1MM Logger, and so long as you "SEt NOdx" at
the cluster, it is perfectly legal, because you are *receiving* no
assistance.

73, Pete N4ZR
Check out the Reverse Beacon Network at
http://reversebeacon.net,