[CQ-Contest] NAQP "multiple station: rule

Art Boyars artboyars at gmail.com
Sat Jan 18 21:39:58 EST 2014

Sittin' in El Paso on a Saturday night, with no place to QRV NAQP SSB.*  A
qstion arises on the NAQP Rules.

"9. Station: All radio transmitters, .... Use of multiple stations during
the contest, whether directly or remotely operated, is prohibited."

What does that mean or include/exclude?  Does it ban only using multiple
stations under a single call sign?

Does it ban the K8MR-SS-style Single-Op Multi-Station with different call
signs?

Does it ban something I am not devious enough to have thought of?

PLEASE -- Cite your authority when you reply.  I'd like to distinguish
between the real skinny and the opinions of the barracks lawyers.

73 es gl in test,
Art K3KU

*Friday afternoon in a nearby shopping center I saw a car with N5RK tags.
 From on-line call sign lookup, he is only abt a mile from my son, and
seems to be interested in HF.  I reached him by telephone just before going
QRT Friday and boldly asked if I could use his station to make a couple of
QSOs in NAQP Saturday night.  Alas, his antennas are down.