[CQ-Contest] 40m array question

Scott scottw3tx at verizon.net
Wed Jan 29 15:57:23 EST 2014

Hey Kelly,

Not sure if you have the room, but check out the K8UR sloping array in Low Band Dxing. It is described for 80m. Easily adapted to 40m.

Best regards,
Scott W3TX

On Jan 29, 2014, at 11:35 AM, Kelly Taylor <ve4xt at mymts.net> wrote:

Hi all,

Has anyone applied the X-beam philosophy (two yagi elements that, while
horizontal, come together at the centre (like a quad element laid flat)) to
an inverted vee?

Here¹s my conundrum: at the lake, when I get my 50¹ tower up, I won¹t really
have room to do something really sweet such as a curtain, especially aiming
south, but where the tower is, an inverted vee coming off the tower at an
angle, with a reflector behind, also coming off at an angle, is quite
doable.

Thoughts?

73, kelly
ve4xt