[CQ-Contest] CQ Magazine Continuance

Pete Smith N4ZR n4zr at contesting.com
Thu Jan 30 17:23:56 EST 2014

Charly,. the following was at the end of the log receipt for my CQ 160
CW log:

"==============================================================
                        *** PLEASE HELP ***

The robot software that is sending you this message, the server which
stores all the logs, the log-checking software and the preparation and
mailing of awards are all provided by volunteers. These unpaid
individuals will continue to donate their time, but in many cases have
been providing the funding for expenses associated with these
activities.

The World Wide Radio Operators Foundation ("WWROF"), a non-profit
donor-supported organization, has committed to cover these
infrastructure expenses for the CQ family of contests. Please consider
making a tax-deductible (for U.S. taxpayers) contribution to the WWROF
athttp://www.wwrof.org/content/donate

All monies donated will go to fund infrastructure."

So as you can see the transition to a CQ-less world is already underway.

73, Pete N4ZR
Check out the Reverse Beacon Network at
http://reversebeacon.net,
blog at reversebeacon.blogspot.com.