[CQ-Contest] CQ WPX rules, it finally happened

Radio K0HB kzerohb at gmail.com
Thu Jan 30 21:31:06 EST 2014

Why should I wait 30 seconds to hear an ID?  My time is just as valuable as the run-station.  As you point out, I could make 2 or 3 more Q's in the time I'm expected to wait for him to favor his audience with an ID.

And who are those "common folks" who should just go away?

73, de Hans, K0HB/K7

🌵 Sent from Arizona 🌞

On Thu, Jan 30, 2014 at 19:08, N2GC <n2gc at aol.com="mailto:n2gc at aol.com">> wrote:

On Jan 30, 2014, at 10:14 AM, Marc Domen <on7ss.oo9o at gmail.com> wrote:

> And why not put in the rules to id after every contact.  Would it bring the

> number of QSO's down.

> It probably will, but then the odds would be even for all.

Id after every contact does level the playing field for everyone in the competition. IMHO I think this would be a good rule.

The argument that less QSO's would result is not necessarily true.  Looking at Valery R5GA's record rates website.

http://rate.r5ga.com/

There are a few well known single ops in the top ten that I'd after every contact. In fact a few had the best rate some years in certain contests.

73 Mike N2GC

CQ-Contest at contesting.com