[CQ-Contest] An S&P'ers view regarding contest ID'ing

Larry lknain at nc.rr.com
Fri Jan 31 07:52:47 EST 2014

The pile may be there partly because instead of 6Y5?? being on the cluster
they saw BY5??. Some will actually check the call being sent by the station
and realize it is 6Y and not BY. Some will hear the 6Y but still put down
BY. Others will not wait long enough to hear the next ID - immediately sent
or 3 QSOs from now.

I have noticed more stations moving on if there is no ID present regardless
of contest. Although, in fairness, I have noticed more stations moving on if
they are one of multiple callers and a station responds to another call.

73, Larry  W6NWS