[CQ-Contest] CQ WPX rules, it finally happened

Michael Adams mda at n1en.org
Fri Jan 31 23:05:40 EST 2014

Could it be that of the CQ contests, WPX might be viewed as a testing ground for new contest features?  After all, WPX had overlays, it was deemed fun, and now CQWW has overlays.

There's been an awful lot of griping in some quarters about stations that don't ID frequently enough.   Could it be that someone wants to see how this kind of rule might impact a contest?

Sure, we can debate the subject all we want on the reflectors; we probably wouldn't reach a consensus in the community.  The only way to find out whether a rule will make the contest better will be to try it out.

 If pileup management problems render the WPX less fun, then we argue for the rule to go away next year.

--
Michael / N1EN