[CQ-Contest] July/August NCJ

Randy Thompson K5ZD k5zd at charter.net
Sat Jul 26 08:55:01 EDT 2014

Sorry the issue did not get to you in time Ron (and others).  The delay was
mostly my fault.  I insisted on a final round of review after layout changes
and that caused a week of delay.

The ARRL did a great service for WRTC2014 (and the contesting community) to
allow a special issue of the NCJ to do double duty as a magazine issue and
also as the event program for WRTC2014.  It was our combined hope that those
who would not be able to attend WRTC2014 would enjoy learning more about the
participants and the technology employed.  Yes, it might have been nice to
arrive in your mailbox before WRTC2014, but I don't think being a few days
late should significantly diminish the value of the content.

Anyway, wanted to make it clear that ARRL did a fantastic job on this issue.
The delays were caused by trying to make sure we got all of the details
right.  Special thanks to WW1ME for editing all of the participant bios and
to K4RO for his help in getting the content organized.

Thanks to ARRL for all of their support for WRTC2014.  It truly was a great
kickoff to the Centennial Convention week here in New England.

Randy, K5ZD