[CQ-Contest] Alpha "sticky paint"

Gary K9GS garyk9gs at wi.rr.com
Thu Mar 13 23:33:18 EDT 2014

Take it to a good auto body repair place.  Alternatively, look for a
place that does powder coating.

Either one should be able to strip and repaint.

The AMPS reflector would also be a good place to ask.

On 3/13/2014 9:43 PM, David Siddall wrote:
> I have an Alpha 374 that I keep as a contest backup.  Very reliable (I
> guess, only plugged in once every year or two to test) but the paint on the
> wrap-around cover is "sticky".  I know some people have re-painted them,
> anyone know what works?  Or the ham who was repainting these if you sent
> them to him (albeit years ago)?   Thanks.  73, Dave K3ZJ

Gary K9GS

Greater Milwaukee DX Association: http://www.gmdxa.org
Society of Midwest Contesters: http://www.w9smc.com
CW Ops #1032   http://www.cwops.org