[CQ-Contest] Size of Dual Monitors

Dave Hachadorian k6ll.dave at gmail.com
Mon Mar 17 09:48:30 EDT 2014

For so2r, there is no need for two computers.

Why two monitors?  If you have a single decent sized 1920x1080
(~22") monitor near your face, you can fit a ton of stuff on the
screen, and still have readable fonts.  During a RTTY contest, I
typically have four digital windows, two band maps, a Telnet
window, and statistics windows open, in addition to the usual two
qso entry windows and log.  You do have to be efficient in your
use of space, sizing the windows to the minimum necessary, but
it's not hard to do.

Dave Hachadorian, K6LL
Yuma, AZ