[CQ-Contest] Flex Radio Question

Eric Lowell elowell at satnetmaine.com
Tue May 6 16:12:37 EDT 2014

Tod,

I'm not sure if you are trolling or not, but I must say that this is not
my impression at all.

I use a Flex 3000 for my single op pursuits and it does more than I
could ask for in my contest ops.

My just previous contest radio was a TS 870, which I really enjoyed, but
I find the 3000 offers equal or better RF performance for my uses, and
certainly more flexibility of operating conveniences like filters,
notches, displays and tuning options.

I guess it really boils down to personal preference, but I'll not be
going back to a knob radio anytime soon.

73 from Maine, W1EL
On 5/5/2014 4:14 PM, Tod Olson wrote:
> Thanks to all who responded with information about Flex Radios and contests.
>
> It would appear that at this time  these radios are not able to provide the
> operating ergonomics that may be required by very serious contest operators
> today.
>
> Tod, K0TO

Eric Lowell
48 Loon Road