[CQ-Contest] Flex Radio Question

RT Clay rt_clay at bellsouth.net
Wed May 7 08:56:09 EDT 2014

>I recommend a "time and motion" study in comparing a mouse radio to a real
>radio.  This is the definitive way of establishing efficiency .... as
>assembly lines and many other types of work shows.
>Just see which is most efficient in time elapsed to do same thing, and how
>much motion required.

There is also no reason you have to go 100% one way or the other- a combination
of mouse and knob can work really well. For example, I tune in most S&P contacts
using the mouse (not in the Sprint however), but I would hate to have to adjust the
RIT or volume using the mouse.

>Another factor is the learning;  who wants to waste a year or more trying
>to get AS GOOD AS he can do with knob radios?  Anyone with a strong will
>can learn to adapt to anything, even to finally enjoy hitting his head
>against a wall.  I ask, Who wants to?

People will do it if it helps their score. Why do people waste years learning
how to do SO2R? :)

Tor
N4OGW