[CQ-Contest] CQ WW Participation?

Yan (XV4Y) xv4y at nature-mekong.com
Wed Oct 1 03:31:15 EDT 2014

Hi,

That's still the case even in solar peak if you leave in an area with a low radioamateur population like here in SE Asia.
When the band does not open to EU or NA, you can get bored very quickly working the fellows around you.
Nobody (even JA) turns its antenna in your direction and you can keep calling CQ for few QSOs.
Only a par of stations make a full 24/48h effort, diminishing even more the chance of working local stations (when there is long-haul propagation, everybody is busy, when not, everybody has gone...).

Not complaining here (I like the place I choose to live, even with the drawbacks), just telling the other side of the story.

73,
Yan.
---
Yannick DEVOS - XV4Y