[CQ-Contest] CQ WW SSB

Paul O'Kane pokane at ei5di.com
Sun Oct 19 07:04:44 EDT 2014

On 19/10/2014 04:27, Yuri Blanarovich wrote:

> you should stop displaying your ignorance and disrespect of
> international and countries regulations and memory of hams who lost
> their lives and licenses.

It's clear that politics and contesting don't mix.

If the UN cannot settle territorial disputes, we
can hardly expect the IARU or individual contest
sponsors to do better.

There is nothing new, or unique, about such disputes.
It seems to me that, for contesting purposes, some
expedience (and neutrality) is called for.

Whether contesters in Crimea use Russian or Ukranian
calls makes no difference to the rest of us - unless,
of course, we're trying to score political points.

I suggest that, in either case, we assume they are
licensed by their administration of choice and
just work and score them accordingly.  Isn't that
what we've always done?

73,
Paul EI5DI