[CQ-Contest] CQ WW SSB

Steve IK4WMH ik4wmh at virgilio.it
Sun Oct 19 14:54:49 EDT 2014

Hello Paul,

Sunday, October 19, 2014, 1:04:44 PM, you wrote:

POK> I suggest that, in either case, we assume they are
POK> licensed by their administration of choice and
POK> just work and score them accordingly.  Isn't that
POK> what we've always done?

No.

Just focus on what we had (have?) in Italy, something called "Seborga".

The locals think they have a right to indipendence from Italy due to
some papers signed may centuries ago.

They issue illegal car plates (which they put at the side of the
legitimate italian car plates) and they issue local currency which is
accepted in some of the local stores.

During the last 2 decades there have been a few "dxpeditions" from
Seborga.

The italian government, as well as the United Nations, didn't
recognize such unilateral declaration of independency.

From your statement I assume you don't care if a *PIRATE* callsign
from Seborga will be on the air during the next WW SSB contest, it
seems to me you think that would be just another callsign and
multiplier to be worked...more activity, more fun.

Please confirm your point of view so I could travel to Seborga and
operate the next contest from there, I would be the only ham on town,
a new multiplier for everyone and I could enjoy the huge pileup.

I could even pick my own pirate callsign, wow!

Steve IK4WMH