[CQ-Contest] Handicap For Dirty Rigs

George Harlem george.harlem at gmail.com
Tue Oct 21 13:09:39 EDT 2014

"...As I read the Rules, this puts anyone using them in violation of 97.307 (a)."

Yaesu has recently posted new software for the FTdx5000 to "improve the CW keying bandwidth spectrum".  I will install the latest update in my FT5K, and perhaps ARRL or another lab will publish test results similar to the data in K9YC's September report based on the new software.  But until the FCC officially decertifies the FTdx5000, I do not consider myself in violation of 97.307(a).

George W1EBI

---