[CQ-Contest] Move to disband MAR section in Canada (for contesting)

Kelly Taylor ve4xt at mymts.net
Thu Oct 30 12:52:03 EDT 2014

Mike,

There is precedent for combining jurisdictions into single sections: there
was a time when Georgia, South Carolina and Cuba were one section, as was
Utah-Wyoming.

Splitting up Georgia, SC and Cuba (aside from the Cuban revolution, of
course), had nothing to do with multipliers for SS but rather reorganizing
the ARRL's Field Services division to better administrate the various
sections.

The multipliers are sections: convince RAC to split Maritime into three
sections (NS. NB, PEI) and voila, you have two extra multipliers and zero
argument.

The sections don't exist to be multipliers, they just happen to be
multipliers in addition to being subsets of RAC and ARRL adminstration.

73, kelly
ve4xt