[CQ-Contest] FW: Move to disband MAR section in Canada (forcontesting)

Ron Notarius W3WN wn3vaw at verizon.net
Thu Oct 30 22:09:32 EDT 2014

No, sir.

With all due respect, you ARE asking for special treatment.

Some contests use States, Provinces, and Territories/Possessions for
multipliers.

Others use ARRL/RAC Sections.

You are, simply put, asking that those contests that use Sections use the
provinces that make up the Maritime section instead of the MAR section.

I feel obligated to point out that if you succeed in having the mults
switched from Sections to Provinces (and States), for the rules to be
consistent, then you will actually be costing operators multipliers.
Ontario (Province) would go back to one mult, not four; Pennsylvania & New
Jersey from 2 to 1.  And so on... just imagine what that will do to
California!

The most straight forward solution to your problem, that would not require
special treatment, would be to convince the RAC to split up the Maritime
Section into separate sections representing each province.

But asking contest organizers to arbitrarily change the rules to over come
an alleged appearance of unfairness, when it actually is not?  No.  That's
asking for special treatment, pure and simple.

73, ron w3wn