[CQ-Contest] Move to disband MAR section in Canada (for contesting)

Kelly Taylor ve4xt at mymts.net
Thu Oct 30 23:31:24 EDT 2014

Actually, with all due respect (and I mean that in a very non-sarcastic way,
Jim), you're missing a key point as well.

Adding sections is not in any way about contesting. Adding sections is a
decision made to better administrate a certain number or geographic of
members. Once the decision to add a section has been made, it will increase
the multiplier count, but the effect on contesting is an after-effect, not
the main reason for adding a section.

I would heartily support the amateurs in MAR in creating new sections, but
not for messing with multipliers merely for contesting purposes.

73, kelly
ve4xt