[CQ-Contest] Essential NCJ Articles

David Siddall hhamwv at gmail.com
Mon Sep 1 17:24:49 EDT 2014

I'd like to second W3LPL's request.  K3NA's articles are  "must-reads" for
contesters with multiple antennas/towers.

Another "must read" for single tower stations as well as multiple tower
ones is K1CC's article and links therein published in the current (Sept. -
Oct. 2014) NCJ.  Although on the face of it an analysis of the WTC-2014
site selection process, there is much to learn and apply to one's own
station.  The WRTC site selection team for the first time validated HFTA
analyses (or at least came as close as we are likely to witness).  There
are a lot of details one must get right to maximize HFTA accuracy as well
as updates for arrival angles and multiple sources for digital terrain
files that at least I didn't know about.

A big thanks to Eric K3NA and Rick K1CC for their innovative works
published in the NCJ.

73,  Dave K3ZJ