[CQ-Contest] CQ WW Online Database adds 1969-1970

JIM NEIGER n6tj at sbcglobal.net
Tue Sep 2 21:16:44 EDT 2014

Thanks Randy and N2NC Team for remembering my 45 years ago victories from
9Y4AA  on both modes in '69.  My "killer station" was comprised of a Collins
S-Line,  30L-1 amplifier - never pushing the four 811A's past 600 watts out.
Antennas were a Hygain TH6 tribander, Hygain 14AVQ vertical for 40, and
inverted V for 80.  No 160.  Of course, no computer.  No memory keyer.
Paper and pencil, with eraser.

As I seem to recall, I did 48 hours straight, both modes, having just moved
from ZD8Z three months earlier, where 48-straight was a must.

Oh to be young(er) again.

Vy 73

Jim Neiger  N6TJ  9Y4AA