[CQ-Contest] History of Low Power Category

Tom Osborne w7why at frontier.com
Tue Sep 16 18:40:45 EDT 2014

That is a strange rule.

It is illegal to run an amp to get to 100 watts, but it not illegal to
run a radio that puts out 400 watts in the NAQP.  If they outlaw amps,
why not outlaw radios that put out more than the NAQP limit

I personally would like to be able to run my amp in the NAQP RTTY so I
can crank my exciter down to 20 watts or so.  To get to 100 watts now, I
have to run it full bore.  73
Tom W7WHY