[CQ-Contest] Travelling for Contestest or Dxpeditions

James Cain jamesdavidcain at gmail.com
Fri Sep 19 09:39:20 EDT 2014

It would help if you had mentioned where you are traveling to. North Dakota for Sweepstakes? North Korea for May Day?

------------

>"I am just getting ready to leave on my first mini Dxpedition and started to
wonder, and worry, how many problems will I face traveling with all sorts of
radio equipment and electronics?

"For those that routinely make these treks either for contests or DXpeditions,
are you faced with grueling questions on why you have this equipment and do you
have to explain the whole DXpedition idea. Should I expect that "I am traveling
for pleasure purposes and will be using amateur radio while here" should
suffice? Of course having the necesary travel documenst and copies of radio
licenses goes without saying?

"With contest and DXpedition season about to kick off, is there any other travel
advice from the veterans out there.

Regards

Ed. VE4EAR"