[CQ-Contest] Travelling for Contestest or Dxpeditions

Gerry Hull gerry at yccc.org
Fri Sep 19 12:59:31 EDT 2014

Depends where you are going...

I always have my licensing paperwork with at the ready.

Last trip to 8P I had a huge amount of radio stuff.  I showed the customs
agent my 8P permit, with tax stamps all over it.
He was so impressed, he brought over his boss.  She immediately said "go
ahead!" and never looked at a single thing...
The moral is be prepared.

I'm going to Ontario for SS this year -- driving -- but will have a
document showing what I'm bringing into
Canada; I'll stop on the US side and have them sign it; I'll show it to the
Canadian guys as I go i, if needed.  Works Just Fine.

73,

Gerry, W1VE aka VE1RM, 8P1V, 6Y6C, VP2M/VE1RM, etc....