[CQ-Contest] Texas QSO Party This Weekend

Charles Sanders no5w.chuck at gmail.com
Tue Sep 23 11:07:57 EDT 2014

There's a touch of fall in the air and we're seeing some gas prices under
$3.00 so the weather and gas gods are smiling on the 17 Texas mobiles and
numerous fixed stations just in time for the Big Enchilada of state QSO
parties which will be running in two sessions this coming weekend.

Session 1: 1400 UTC Saturday - 0200 UTC Sunday
Session 2: 1400 UTC Sunday - 2000 UTC Sunday

Send paper logs to:
         TQP Committee,
         24415 Deep Meadow Dr
         Tomball, TX 77375

Email logs to: no5w.chuck at gmail.com

Currently the activity maps at www.txqp.net is showing that 228 of the 254
counties will be on the air in one mode or another and once the remaining
mobile plans are submitted and possibly with some reshuffling of a mobile
route or two we should have all 254 on the air.

So its a great opportunity to see if you can work more than 200 Texas
counties in a single weekend. It's only been done by a handful, the
all-time leader being K4OJ who worked all 254 way back in time, followed
closely by W2GD(253) in the same year. And in recent years only
WA3HAE(227), KB9OWD(217), VE3KZ(215), N6MU(215), N5LZ(213), KV8Q(213),
N4PN(213), WA6KHK(212), VE3KZ(210), N4PN(201), K0DEQ(200), and K5KG(200)
have reached the 200 county level. So tune in to the Texas QSO Party this
weekend and give it your best shot at making the "Lonestar 200 Club".

73
Keith-NM5G
Chuck-NO5W
TQP Co-coordinators