[CQ-Contest] Travelling for Contests or Dxpeditions

Zack Widup w9sz.zack at gmail.com
Tue Sep 23 16:18:12 EDT 2014

Maybe "light up" is not the correct terminology. I think if they see the
device powers up, they assume it isn't full of something other than the
expected innards.

Whenever I've taken my digial SLR through these checkpoints they want to
take the lens off and look through it. I guess that tells them that the
lens isn't full of explosives, cocaine or what-have-you.

I was just looking at a website somewhere that showed some of the (failed)
attempts of people to smuggle drugs into or out of the country. One photo
even showed hollowed-out bolts that contained cocaine. Amazing what effort
some people will go through.

73, Zack W9SZ