[CQ-Contest] Neat Survey Compass APP For Android Phones

peter hutter pdhutter at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 24 09:57:07 EDT 2014

My old oil filled surveyor compass went belly up during the last move. I've found a really cool free app created by Stonekick. http://www.stonekick.com/surveycompass.html Apparently, most android phones now have an hall effect sensor built in and was verified in the lab by introducing a stray magnet field. The compass app is well damped and stable. The app uses your phone camera for sighting and displays heading plus other info onto the image. You can store images into your default photo folder. This instrument is great for aligning various antenna systems and It's helpful in dense woods, etc. I-phone users can download an app from Spyglass.

Peter