[CQ-Contest] Traveling.....

ve4xt at mymts.net ve4xt at mymts.net
Wed Sep 24 17:21:45 EDT 2014

Further to Tony's message: successful travel requires a complete suspension of common sense and being prepared to answer any questions, with backup like Tony suggests.

It doesn't matter whether the security requirements make sense (many don't), it doesn't matter that being able to light a display or see through a lens is no guarantee it's not harmful. The only thing that matters is the security staff have absolute discretion as to whether you're allowed to board your flight. You may be right, but you'll still be denied passage.

Most guards are reasonable and are happy with reasonable preparations to assure them of your good intentions. What you don't want is to be ill-prepared and run up against a newbie bucking for promotion.

Arguing the nonsense of anything the guard says isn't a way to gain access to the airside, either.

73, Kelly
ve4xt

Sent from my iPhone