[CQ-Contest] Query re F12 C31XR

Peter Chamalian W1RM w1rm at comcast.net
Mon Apr 6 08:43:54 EDT 2015

I've had mine up since 2003.  It's a kick butt antenna and works perfectly
with the MAG240N for 40.  I turn my stack with a Yaesu 2800 which just
works!  In the past I've had to replace rotors every year or two (including
Orion's Hy-Gain monster, etc.).  The Yaesu just works too!

I had originally set it up with separate feeds on each band with the idea of
doing SO2R but that never materialized so with the help of W2GD, we made it
single feed.  In my case, the antenna is set for the CW bands which
translates into the potential need for a tuner on the high end of some
bands.

Pete, W1RM