[CQ-Contest] NAQP Time-Off Strategy

Jim Brown k9yc at audiosystemsgroup.com
Mon Aug 3 16:38:56 EDT 2015

On Mon,8/3/2015 11:24 AM, Steve London wrote:
> However, last weekend 10 and 15 were excellent for the first 2 hours,
> and taking off-time then would have been unwise.

As you correctly observed, geography, topography, and station
capabilities can make a HUGE difference. For example, 10 and 15 were
quite poor here near SF, yet N5KO, operating at W6NL's mountaintop QTH,
did far better on those bands.

I have strong antennas for 80 and 40, so I rarely take a break after my
45 minute break for dinner. My first and second breaks come when rates
drop on the lowest band I can work, and I'll time that dinner break so I
can work 'til the end.

73, Jim K9YC