[CQ-Contest] Logging question

Charles Harpole hs0zcw at gmail.com
Tue Aug 4 13:01:51 EDT 2015

This matter relates to the constant problem I have, as a little pistol, in
calling the rapid professional contest ops.  Often they copy my call wrong,
I send correction, and then instead of replying with the correction, the op
says "59 QRZ".  I can never be sure he got the correction, and logs prove
this is a source of errors.   Too often, I suffer because of bad operating
practice of others.  So, if I can not be sure, just take that one out of
the log.   Charly

On Tue, Aug 4, 2015 at 8:15 AM, Ktfrog007--- via CQ-Contest <
cq-contest at contesting.com> wrote:

> What were the changes he requested?
>
> 73,
> Ken, AB1J
>

> In a message dated 2015-08-04 12:20:16 A.M. Coordinated Universal Ti,
> jpklemola at gmail.com writes:
>
> Fellow  contesters,
>
> I got a request over email to change two of my recent  logs.
> There was a 2by3 call sign asking me to change my log so he would get  my
> LoTW confirmation for two QSOs.
> A third QSO was OK in our logs and  2by3 call was happy about that.
>
> My response was the QSOs happen over  the air on the radio.
> Not on internet on email over internet, not at all  after the contest.
>
> The 2by3 call was devastated that I had insulted him  that I interprete he
> would try to make a QSO on the email. All he was  asking me was to change
> my
> log .. on email and that happens now, some  months after the contest.
>
> The 2by3 call was calling me by some names  and was insulting.
>

> Can anyone tell me if I did anything right in my  communication over email
> to the 2by3 callsign that the contest is over and  my log will stay as it
> was logged when the contest was happening  ?
>
> Or is there a possibility I did the right thing?
>

> I would  have been happy to log him correctly, if he had corrected his call
> to me  ..
>

> 73,
> Jukka  OH6LI

Charly, HS0ZCW