[CQ-Contest] Logging question

Zack Widup w9sz.zack at gmail.com
Fri Aug 7 09:03:56 EDT 2015

I'm not fully sure of the actual situation here, but it appears he is
asking for a correction for a QSL, not a correction to the log you
submitted to the contest sponsor.

For QSLing, a lot of people (OH2BH for one) follow the "One character
rule" which someone already noted. If only one character of the
callsign logged is incorrect, you go ahead and change it for the QSL.
Maybe a lot of you are not DXers as well as contesters, but put
yourself in the other guy's shoes. Say you just worked a DXpedition
that activated an entity like KP1 that isn't likely to happen again
for decades. They logged your call wrong and you want a QSL. Wouldn't
you appreciate it if they corrected their log so you could get a
confirmation? Quite a few DXpeditions have done just that for me.

Also, I don't see the "you logged what you copied" as entirely valid,
either. I make mistakes in typing and I'm sure others do, too. What I
type may not be what I copied.

I'm not sure why the other individual needs your confirmation so
badly, as OH is not a rare entity. This particular individual probably
blew his chances with his rude replies.

But keep this in mind for future QSLing.

73, Zack W9SZ