[CQ-Contest] Verticals on the beach

XV4Y (Yan) xv4y at nature-mekong.com
Tue Aug 18 19:04:31 EDT 2015

Hi,

The closer the better.
Radials can even be submerged by water.
The best being in /MM of course, but then that's not on the beach anymore.
Usually you install your antenna to be safe at high tides because you don't want water in the connection box / balun.
Salt water will help with radiation efficiency for verticals and near-field absorption for all antennas but only if your path is over the water.

73,
Yan.
---
Yannick DEVOS - XV4Y