[CQ-Contest] Advice Sought for Wireless Headsets & Mics

Jim Brown k9yc at audiosystemsgroup.com
Thu Dec 3 16:03:03 EST 2015

On Thu,12/3/2015 12:02 PM, David Siddall wrote:
> does anyone have a recommendation for a BlueTooth
> headset and microphone combo for SSB, if not the Bose?

Remember that every pass through BlueTooth adds A/D and D/A conversions,
which add latency. This applies to both RX and TX signals if both use
BlueTooth. WiFi and Ethernet paths have the same issue.

What this means in practice is that you HEAR a bit late, and your rig
transmits a bit late. For casual operation it's certainly not a
deal-breaker, but I sure wouldn't want it if I were in serious competition.

73, Jim K9YC