[CQ-Contest] Category hopping

Tom Francis w1tef at swsports.org
Sun Dec 6 16:44:06 EST 2015

On 12/6/2015 12:10 PM, Jorge Diez - CX6VM wrote:
> Martin
>
> This is kind of CHEATING!.
>
> Maybe they did a mistake when posting to 3830. If not, Will be good to take
> a good action with this station and operators. This discourage others to
> post in 3830, this is very bad.
*There is nothing in the rules to cover this - watch the claimed scores
on 3830, then make
your decision based on that. It would only work  for Multi Two and
Multi-Multi anyway
so I don't see where all angst is coming from - the difference between
Multi-Two and
Multi-Multi is only the number of transmitters.  In fact, one could make
a logical argument
that Multi-Two is actually Multi-Multi as the number of transmitters is
great than one. :)

I would also point out that the Contest Committee can make a change in
log status based
on whatever criteria they use to adjudicate that - I have absolutely no
idea of what the
criteria is or would be.  If they feel its cheating, then they can make
that decision, but
I honestly don't know how they could based on 3830 reporting.

Lastly, cheating would be operating Low Power and claiming QRP - that's
cheating. Watching
an unofficial contest scoring information page to gain an advantage
isn't cheating - that's being
smart and taking advantage of the information being presented.

Lastly, the only way to fix it would be to require a category
declaration BEFORE the contest
begins.

Tom, W1TEF/4*