[CQ-Contest] High Rate Dual Radio CQing

sbloom at acsalaska.net sbloom at acsalaska.net
Fri Dec 11 14:13:48 EST 2015

Uggggggh ...again ...

I don't think non assisted is a small fraction ..or at least I
certainly don't now ..what I *said* is that

1)  I was surprised by how popular it was ...I hadn't give it much
thought because my serious contest efforts before CQWWCW 2014 were
either Multiops or SS where I'd always been non assisted myself.

2)  That part of the reason it is popular is ...it exists (yeah I know
that is a tautology).  If there was no separate non assisted category,
the vast majority of folks ..other than those who aren't comfortable
with the technology would operate assisted ...just like the Single Band
categories.  Few would operate 15M only (I believe) if there wasn't a
single band category.  The only reason to mention any of it is ...that
in things that aren't life and death, it is best that rules pass the
"Makes more happiness than trouble" test.  Part of that test is
figuring out how popular something is and why.  It was in no way a
shot at anyone or any category.

73
Steve KL7SB