[CQ-Contest] kENWOOD TS590 YAHOO USER GROUP.

Ron Notarius W3WN wn3vaw at verizon.net
Fri Dec 11 17:20:33 EST 2015

Brian,

There are at least two Yahoo groups specifically for the TS-590 family or
radios. One has ~2700 members, the other ~1500.

I don't see a specific mention of the KenwoodTS-590 group moderator, but the
"info page" for the group specifically mentions at least twice that you must
provided "Your Name and Valid Callsign with your request to join" or your
membership request WILL be rejected.

So I have to ask, with all due respect... did you include your full name and
call sign(s) on the request?

Although I have no connection to this group, I do help moderate an antenna
related forum, and am the owner of my club's former email reflector group
there (we've moved to GoogleGroups) & current newsletter reflector.  I will
reject a membership request when it appears to be from a less than benign
source, ie, a potential source of unwanted commercial emails.  (Or in the
case of my club, if it was from a non-member, as per club policy)

If you did provide name and call(s), perhaps a direct email to the list
owner at kenwoodts-590-owner at yahoogroups.com inquiring about the reasons
would be in order.  This could be a simple misunderstanding.

Good luck!

73, ron w3wn