[CQ-Contest] CQ WW Survey results - part 1

Steve London n2icarrl at gmail.com
Fri Dec 18 13:06:47 EST 2015

On 12/17/2015 10:56 PM, Kelly Taylor (kind of) wrote:
> Some of the most-common time-wasters among new contesters I hear are:
>
> 1. Unnecessarily repeating phonetics. In most cases, you should be able to say “nq6n five nine emm bee”. Only if it’s really challenging or a fill has been requested does it make sense to say “november quebec….” He knows who he is!

Not necessarily. I run across many situations where the station calling
me has a weak command of the English language, and doesn't recognize
his/her call spoken in English. For some stations calling from certain
countries, I always repeat back the call phonetically, using the same
phonetics they called me with.

73,
Steve, N2IC