[CQ-Contest] Is it time for a new cq-contest forum format?

Bob Burns W9BU w9bu_lists at rlburns.net
Sat Dec 19 14:54:12 EST 2015

I generally prefer email lists vs. on-line forums.

An on-line forum requires that I go someplace on the web to find the
conversation. I have to be running a browser and I have to point that
browser to a web site. Then my browser has to load a bunch of PHP code,
interpret a bunch of cascading style sheets, and the PHP code has to access
a SQL database. All this takes bandwidth and time if you have a slow
Internet connection.

OTOH, an email list deposits the conversations into my email. I don't have
to do anything to see the conversations. Whether I'm at home reading my
email with Outlook or on the go reading my email with my smartphone, the
conversations are there. The bandwidth requirement for email is very small.
While many of us have lots of available bandwidth through our Internet
service provider or smartphone data plan, there may be folks out there who
are still bandwidth limited.

Bob...