[CQ-Contest] Contesting Popularity

jimk8mr at aol.com jimk8mr at aol.com
Mon Dec 21 13:46:52 EST 2015

A year or so I did some antenna work for a local non-contest type, on his Tennadyne log periodic. We checked things when I finished and all seemed to be OK. A couple of days later he called and said he thought something wasn't working because he wasn't hearing many signals.

Af first I thought "oh crap", I'm going to have to go back. And then I had another thought. I called him from home while in front of my radio, and asked him if he heard a signal on 14170 (or whatever). He did. Then I tuned up another 20kHz or so and asked him if he heard a signal there. He did. And so on. Of course there was nobody on in between.

I told him to give me another call if he was still having problems. I haven't heard from him since.

73  -  Jim  K8MR