[CQ-Contest] CQWW survey results

Pete Smith N4ZR n4zr at contesting.com
Thu Dec 31 08:36:17 EST 2015

My suspicion is that a 24-hour contest would probably find much more
support in Europe than here, given how many European-sponsored shorter
contests there are, and the inconvenience posed by 0000 Saturday to 2359
Sunday for people further East.

What I don't understand is why a *full* set of 24-hour overlays isn't a
good idea.  A decade ago, several of us ran a survey, and a plurality of
those responding said that it would cause them to operate as much or
more.  I thought we had what we hoped for when the 24-hour Classic
category was announced. Alas, by banning SO2R and spotting assistance,
the Committee closed the door on those of us wholack the physical
wherewithal for 48 hours,  (I'm 74, with 60 years of contesting), but
still want to compete and use the technology others in the contest have
available.

73, Pete N4ZR
Download the new N1MM Logger+ at
<http://N1MM.hamdocs.com>. Check