[CQ-Contest] K4VV in ARRL DX CW

Richard Ferch ve3iay at storm.ca
Fri Feb 27 13:59:01 EST 2015

Actually, not so Gerry.

Perhaps the authorities might not get bent out of shape if you used the 
standard international order, but the letter of the law is clear in both 
countries. For reciprocal operation between Canada and the US the 
portable identifier comes after the call sign.

In the US, Part 97.119(g): "For an amateur service license granted by 
the Government of Canada, however, the indicator must be included after 
the call sign." 

In Canada, RBR-4 section 9.2: "The operator of an amateur station 
licensed by the Government of the United States shall identify the station:
(a) by transmitting the call sign assigned to the licensee’s station by 
the Federal Communications Commission;
(b) if transmitting:
(i) by radiotelephony, by adding the word "mobile" or “portable,” or
(ii) by radiotelegraphy, by adding an oblique character (“/”); and
(c) by adding the Canadian amateur call sign prefix set out in Column I 
of an item of Schedule IV for the geographical location of the station 
set out in Column II of that item." 

Rich VE3KI

W1VE wrote:

> Actually, not so Ed,
> VE1/W1VE or W1/VE1RM is the accepted international standard.   In the US
> and Canada, no authority is going to get bent out of shape if you do it the
> other way around.
> Of course, I can't use either of these samples, because I'm licensed in
> each country.
> 73, Gerry W1VE & VE1RM
> On Fri, Feb 27, 2015 at 8:18 AM, Ed Sawyer <sawyered at earthlink.net> wrote:
>> Actually, the reciprocal agreement between the US and Canada requires you
>> to
>> sign N1UR/VE2 not VE2/N1UR.
>> Ed  N1UR

More information about the CQ-Contest mailing list