[CQ-Contest] Cross-Entity Remote for Contesting and DXCC

Charles Harpole hs0zcw at gmail.com
Thu Jan 22 21:45:36 EST 2015

Take next step, Yan, and just take a remote station to the needed
DXpedition location and save all those donations getting the troop of 20
operators there... those "sacrificing being away from their families" as
the web pages like to say.

Actually, for half a mill or so, it may be possible to put a remote station
on a big percentage of rare entities and leave them there.  Automate log
reporting;  hire a local, if any, to service the remote.

Maybe usa Fish and Shootable Wildlife Dept could approve a Non-Manned non-
polluting remote station on Navassa, etc. to work ALL the time (periodic
servicing visits oked).

Hurrah for automation, 73 Charly

On Fri, Jan 23, 2015 at 7:19 AM, XV4Y (Yan) <xv4y at nature-mekong.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> This is a very exciting news as it opens new way of financing DXpeditions.
> Every DXpedition could bring it's own "time share" remote station located
> a few meters from the operating positions.
> "VIP Donators" could use it in a priority order given by the amount of
> their donation.
> This would ensure :
> - QSOs on all bands for the biggest donators (even 160m is possible in
> daytime)
> - Bigger donations as you want to be sure to have enough time to use the
> "remote station" on all the needed bands.
>
> 73,
> Yan.
> ---
> Yannick DEVOS - XV4Y
> http://xv4y.radioclub.asia/
> http://varc.radioclub.asia/
>
> > Le 23 janv. 2015 à 00:00, cq-contest-request at contesting.com a écrit :
> >
> > Message: 2
> > Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2015 07:29:58 -0600 (CST)
> > From: Ron Notarius W3WN <wn3vaw at verizon.net>
> > To: pokane at ei5di.com, cq-contest at contesting.com
> > Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Cross-Entity Remote for Contesting and DXCC
> >       Now..
> 33019364.307405.1421933398407.JavaMail.root at vznit170130.mailsrvcs.net>

> > The Board voted based on the recommendation of the DXAC.
> >
> > The DXAC based their decision on input from the ARRL members.  At least
> in theory.
> >
> > Of course, it would have been nice if the DXAC rep from each Division
> had at least made a token effort to gather input from the membership.  All
> i can tell you is that I never heard a whisper regarding a request for
> input -- neither as a Member or as a Newsletter Editor who would have
> printed such a request to inform people.
> >
> > Ultimately, though, it doesn't matter.  Either YOU have integrity in how
> YOU operate in contests, chase DX, and apply for awards... or YOU don't.
> >
> > If YOU don't, your accomplishments are meaningless.  If YOU do, then
> they are not.   (And I mean "YOU" as in the reader, not in Paul or any one
> individual specifically)
> >
> > 73, ron w3wn

Charly, HS0ZCW